JIE is recruiting for the 2024 cohort! Apply today if you:
- Are a student (8th – 12th grade) that wants everyone to have the best education regardless of where they live.
- Care about changing education for yourself and generations to come.
- Want to collaborate with other students who also care about improving education.
- Want to boost your college and career readiness.
- Want to develop advocacy, public speaking, and leadership skills.
- Want to use your creativity and innovative thinking to bring about change.
- Value diverse perspectives (racial, geographical, socioeconomic, and cultural).
- Want to be the change you want to see.
JIE training takes an intentional and holistic approach to advocacy, infusing young leaders with knowledge, applied experiences, and on-going mentorship. This free training program runs from January 2024 to March 2024 when training turns to action. To ensure that all JIE participants have access, workshops will be offered in-person and virtual.
Youth will develop and implement an Advocacy Action Plan that may include, but not limited to, Community Service, Public Speaking, Digital Advocacy, and Editorial Commentary. Check out this Op-Ed from February 2023 written by JIE students to see how JIE helped them be a voice for public education.