|Get Your Tickets Today!
Our 2023 Champion for Children celebration is right around the corner. Our event is the celebration of OUR COMMUNITY, getting together to connect with friends and make some new ones. Good food, live music, and an outstanding venue make this an evening you don’t want to miss.
Our event is the celebration of our SHARED ACCOMPLISHMENTS for children and teens over the past year, such as:
- $1.1 billion in additional K-12 public schools funding – the largest increase ever – so more students have a quality education.
- 2,600 more pre-k and Head Start slots.
- $100 million to get lead paint out of children’s homes in communities where 96% of children of color live.
Our event is the chance to RECHARGE OURSELVES because we’ve got more to do, like:
- meet the mental health needs of children by expanding access to prevention and treatment resources in their schools.
- prepare at least 25,000 high school graduates for real work jobs by tripling access to career-related learning.
- prevent more children from the trauma and possible abuse of being locked up in institutions.
We hope to see you on Thursday, May 18th at the Fairmount Waterworks. The festivities begin at 6:00 PM, with a ceremony honoring outstanding advocates for children: Kelvin Jeremeiah, Cintia Isles, Valerie Hamilton, Angelique Hinton, Khadijah Sabir, and Joe Bilson, Dr. Julia Haller, and members of the Wills Eye Hospital’s “Give Kids Sight Day” team.
Purchase your tickets here.