While charter schools in Philadelphia typically take the spotlight, the southeast Pennsylvania suburbs also have a large charter sector. Twenty years into the charter school experiment, this report examines whether charter schools in the suburbs are an efficient and effective use of taxpayer dollars.
More than 15,000 students from Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties are enrolled in charter schools, and that number grows steadily each year by an average of 920 students. Every suburban school district has students in charter schools.
- Charter Schools & School Districts Comparison Data
- PSSA Scores
- Enrollment & Cost Data by County
- Enrollment & Cost Data by School District
- Funding & Spending Data
- Charter School Enrollment by School District: 2001-2008 (Excel File)
- Charter School Enrollment by School District: 2009-2016 (Excel File)